2019 DAMA Indiana meeting
The DAMA Indiana chapter will be conducting our annual elections during our next quarterly meeting, being held on October 24th, 2019. We are seeking interested members to fill our 2020 Board of Directors positions. All positions are available for current/active members who wish to express interest and have their names added to the slate for our annual election.
We are especially seeking interested candidates for the VP Programs office, as our current office holder (Mike Irick) is not seeking re-election for 2020. Mike has offered to assist the newly elected office holder during a transitional period, if the newly elected officer desires assistance.
At the October 24th meeting, we will conduct the following official business. Current, active members may vote on the following items:
- Annual Board of Directors election
- Refinement to the DAMA Indiana Bylaws
- Membership payments being revised to rolling annual membership, based on payment date (no longer calendar year)
- Revise candidates eligible for future President position to be restricted to those who are either current or prior DAMA Indiana board members (and are current members.)
- Revise the manner in which voting can occur to include voting online within the DAMA Indiana member-restricted site.
- Addition of a new Board of Director position, VP Education
This role will be focused on providing the DAMA Indiana Chapter with educational related services that help our members stay current with best practices and to further develop specialized skills. Here is a quick rundown of what we are looking to develop.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and maintain services that provide professional development opportunities for DAMA Indiana members
- Coordinate with appropriate parties for proper execution of all DAMA developed or endorsed exams (e.g. CDMP)
- Provide support to DAMA Indiana members wanting to take any DAMA developed or endorsed exams (e.g. CDMP) or renew annual certifications
- An ability to work collaboratively in various settings with other board members, chapter members and other external audiences
- A willingness to commit their personal time to the duties of this roles (attending board meetings, representation at chapter events, primary responsibilities, etc..)
- Deeply familiar with CDMP certification content & testing procedures
Votes may be received from:
- Current individual members
- 3 employees from a Corporate membership, which are identified to the VP Administration not later than October 17th, 2019. (The VP Administration will be contacting active corporate members for the names of the employees who will be voting.)
- Current student members could also vote; however, DAMA Indiana doesn’t currently have any active
NOTE: All interested, current members may submit their name for consideration to the slate by contacting Diane Michael at: VPAdministration@DAMAIndiana.org not later than September 24th, 2019.
2019 DAMA Indiana officer election
The local chapter of DAMA Indiana is seeking interested members to fill our 2020 Board of Directors positions.
All positions are available for interested, current members to express interest and have their names added to the slate for our annual election, being held on October 24th, 2019.
We are especially looking for interested candidates in the VP Programs office, as our current office holder (Mike Irick) will resign that position at year-end. Mike has offered assistance to the newly-elected office holder, if (s)he desires assistance during a transitional time period.
Board Member positions are:
- VP Administration
- VP Communications
- VP Finance
- VP Online Content
- VP Programs
If you are interested in knowing more about the responsibilities and/or duties of an office, please review the content within our Bylaws.
Interested members must express interest in any of the positions directly to the VP Administration by sending an email to: VPAdministration@DAMAIndiana.org or submitting the form at 2020 DAMA Indiana Board Position no later than October 10th, 2019.
Please direct any/all questions and/or considerations on this topic to: VPAdministration@DAMAIndiana.